The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

28 March 2010

Zimmerly Family Documents

The other day, I was at the Albuquerque Special Collections Library when I decided to look at a Zimmerly Family folder that I set up in 2008. I wanted to make sure that it was still there. It was. I set up the folder after doing a presentation at the library in July 2008.

Among the items I put in the folder, are the following:

* Civil War pension and military records of Samuel Zimmerly

* Samuel Zimmerly's obituary

* Church marriage records of all 6 children of Samuel and Paubla (Torres) Zimmerly

* A couple of genealogy charts

* A Zimmerly family history that was pubilshed in the El Defensor Chieftain in the 1960s

Over the past year and a half, I've put a few more documents in the folder. Also, someone else added some items, too. Although, I'm not quite sure what those documents had to do with the Zimmerly family. I left them there anyway in case there was a connection that I was missing.

Below are photographs of items that I included in the folder. Click on the photos for a larger view:







If you would like to view the items, you can find them as you are entering the building in the filing cabinet just left of the front doors. Feel free to make copies of any of the documents, but please leave them in the folder when you finish with them so that others may use them in the future.
By the way, would anyone be interested in me doing a Zimmerly family presentation in Socorro sometime this June? Please let me know - and suggest a place to do it - by either posting on this blog or sending me an email at abqbobcat@nmia.com.

No comments: