1. Although my lineage goes back four centuries in New Mexico, I myself was born in Nevada.
2. My last ancestors to be born outside of New Mexico were born in the 1830s. Samuel Zimmerly was from Switzerland, and Phillip Bourguignon was from Germany. Both came to New Mexico as American soldiers.
3. I am a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, a group that re-creates Medieval and Renaissance Europe. My wife is a member, too.
4. My wife and I got married dressed in Renaissance clothing. I was a dashing Spaniard, she was in garb that was part French and ... something else..... (I'm either a bad husband for not knowing, or not up to speed on fashion.)
5. For the life of me, I can't spell "Renaissance". I had to use a spell checker to spell it right for this article.
6. However, I can spell "Medieval".
7. My favorite holiday is Christmas. I collect Santas.
8. I'm only two degrees of seperation from Barack Obama. I once had a one to one conversation with New Mexican Governor, former presidential candidate, and current Commerce Secretary nominee Bill Richardson. He commented on a letter to the editor that I wrote. I also spoke to him on the phone twice: once when I was applying to become his intern when he was a U.S. Congressman (I didn't get the job), and the second time when he called my sister and me to give his condolences for my father's death (my dad was a big political supporter of his.) Okay, I'm a name dropper, what can I say.
The rules for this meme are:
1. Each player starts with eight random fact/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. A the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their name.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and to read your blog.
Tag, your it! These are the eight people I've tagged for this meme:
* Stephen at Steve's Genealogy Blog
* Renee at Renee's Genealogy Blog
* Maureen at the Photo Detective
* Debra at the Ancestry Detective
* Kathyrn at Looking for Ancestors
* Jennifer at Rainy Day Genealogy Readings
* Lorine at The Paper Trail
* Sasha at Memory Lane