The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

08 July 2008

David and Monica (Torres) Montoya and Their Son

My cousin Maurine Pool once again has supplied me with another photograph. When I was collecting photos for the Torres Reunion, Maurine sent me images of all of Crespin and Andreita (Trujillo) Torres' children, save one: Monica. However, she found the photograph below of Monica with her husband and child.

Monica (Torres) and David Montoya, with their infant son, Juan Jose.


This photo was taken in 1896, before Monica's death. Originally, I speculated that Monica may have died in childbirth with her son, but as we can see she is very much alive in this photo. She probably died soon afterwards.

For more about the Torres family, click on the following posts:

* Crespin Torres and Andreita Trujillo's Children

* More Torres Family Pictures

* The Torres Family Reunion Mini-Blog

No comments: