The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

29 June 2008

A Teenager Who Loves to Do Genealogy?

Yes, you read right. Genealogy is not just for the ... uh hem ... more mature members of the family. I found a vblog - or video blog - created by a teenager who loves genealogy. In fifteen videos, she explains the ins and outs of genealogy. You can find out more by going to the AnceStories article "Meet Elyse".

These kids today, with their fancy computer contraptions, may find these vblogs interesting. Okay, I'm only 40 years old, why am I begining to sound like Grandpa Joe? I think it's because technology is changing so fast that I can't keep up. I was talking to some friends today, and we noting that kids today don't use e-mail - they text! Ha! I said I was so old fashioned, and then I realized that I've only been e-mailing for the past ten years...

... isn't rambling on pointlessly the first sign of old age...?

Anyhow, if you want to do some fun activties with your kids or grandkids this summer, check out my post on the New Mexico Genealogical Society Blog "Summertime Blues: Genealogy Activities for Kids".

No comments: