The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

06 October 2007

Corrido Compuesto al Joven Edy Zimmerly

Below is a song titled "Corrido Compuesto al Joven Edy Zimmerly". It is a funeral song written about the untimely death of Eduardo Zimmerly, son of Juan Jose Zimmerly. B. Mares, who allowed me to copy these lyrics, explained to me that Eduardo Zimmerly died as a teenager when he was accidently shot while exiting a car. According to my records, Eduardo was born on 4 December 1897 and died on 30 October 1914 when he was only 16 years old. There are two pages to the song; click on the images below to get a larger view.






I do not understand spanish well, so I will leave this to you the viewer to try to translate - if you can.

The lyrics were written by Avelino Lopez.

No comments: