The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

06 October 2007

Camp Latham and the California Column

As I have mentioned in previous posts, my 2nd great grandfather Samuel James Zimmerly joined the union army at Camp Latham, CA. Below are links about Camp Latham and the California Column:

* The Civil War Archive: Union Regimental Histories

* Historic California Posts: Camp Latham

* Camp Latham Marker Unveiling (scroll down to find the article)

See also "Samuel Zimmerly Living in Visalia, California?", "Samuel Zimmerly - California Civil War Roster", "Samuel Zimmerly and Maria Paubla Torres", and "Website Link: Fort Craig National Historic Site"

2 comments:

DENISE said...

I AM LOOKING FOR FAMILY HISTORY ON THE ZIMMERLY S FROM SOCORRO AND ALBUQUERQUE NEW MEXICO. MY NAME IS DENISE J ZIMMERLY SAIZ. MY FATHER WAS DENNIS J ZIMMERLY. MY GRANDPARENTS WERE SAM T ZIMMERLY HE MARRIED JUANITA TORRES. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW MORE ABOUT MY FAMILY.

Robert Baca said...

Denise:

Glad to hear from you cousin.

Contact me at abqbobcat@nmia.com. I'll be happy to discuss the family with you.

Robert Baca