The Baca / Douglas Genealogy and Family History Blog

16 April 2007

Volunteer to help FamilySearch Index their records

On the About.com website I discovered that the Church of Jesus Christ and Latter Day Saints (the Morman Church) is asking for volunteers to index their records. As you may know, the Morman Church has the most extensive genealogy libraries in the world.

I often use their FamilySearch website to search for records. Currently, they are indexing 1900 United States census and other records. I decided to help them by going to their FamilySearch Indexing project page. So far I've helped index 200 names. My goal is to index about 1,000 name per quarter, or about 4,000 a year.

You can help help, too. For more information, visit the About.com page "Try Your Hand at FamilySearch Indexing".

No comments: